This person will interact with the Clinical Quality department, excellent oral and written communication and problem solving skills are essential to partner with them to decipher, anticipate and solution their reporting and analysis needs and may interact with or present to Medical Directors and Chief Medical Officer. Be sure your candidates can demonstrate these competencies.
Previous experience in a healthcare, analytical, consulting role is a plus.
We are a MySQL, Cognos, tableau shop. Cognos or Tableau are needed
: BI Developer
Reports to: Manager of Reporting and Analytics
our mission is nothing short of re-imagining health care. For more than a decade, we have focused on transforming the delivery of urgent medical care into a customer-centric, technology-enabled experience. Today, our platform provides affordable access to high quality care to our members on their terms – when, where and how they need it.
And yet, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Our commitment to delivering superior value to our clients and care to our members means that we are continually investing in talent, capabilities, and change. As a team, we are passionate and empathetic disrupters, challenging the status quo in everything we do.
This position will work closely with our business colleagues to develop analytic solutions, reports and dashboards to meet the ever increasing demand for operational improvements and efficiencies in a fast paced environment. This role has an expectation to partner with the business and implement new ideas and strategies to enhance and expedite the deployment of data solutions.
- • Design and develop solutions that will provide automated self-serve reporting and dashboard solutions
- • Perform data analysis, data querying, and data validation functions
- • Analyze and manipulate complex data across both OLTP and OLAP environments
- • Translate new and existing reporting and data requirements into actionable requirements for delivery via business intelligence applications and tools.
- • Provides insight into patterns in data that translates into value for business partners
- • Evaluates and identifies new technologies
- • Manages projects from inception to completion
- • Works collaboratively with teammates
Experience and Knowledge
- • Working knowledge of star schema design and methods for querying complex data structures
- • Experience with querying transactional and data warehouse systems. MySql database is a plus
- • Knowledge and familiarity with database security concepts and best practices
- • Experience with clinical or healthcare data and analysis a plus
- • Degree in Computer Science preferred
- • Proven experience with multiple BI and Reporting Development Tools. Cognos and Tableau preferred. Will consider experience with other similar tools
- • Familiarity with ETL tools (Talend) and Control Processing tools (Control-M)
Skills and Abilities
- • Skilled in data analysis / data mining
- • Skilled and knowledgeable in Data Modeling
- • Highly skilled in SQL development
- • Proven ability to work directly with users and management to understand needs, gather requirements, provide status updates, and build good relationships and rapport
- • Ability to manage small projects from inception to completion in cross-functional environment