- Take high quality photographs and edit the images as needed
- Work closely with Marketing team to determine video requirements and produce video footage accordingly
- Helps set photo and video standards for brands and products in a brand with the ability to brainstorm with members of the Graphic Design / Marketing team, recommending images for various projects
- Create and produce high quality videos (footage, narration, music, manage all releases and license agreements) for marketing initiatives, company events, social media, etc.
- Has the experience with the commercialization of use for all outlets, social, digital, etc. such that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Work with outside vendors, including photographers, printers and display houses
- Coordinate and manage photography and videography projects with outside firms and agencies
- Manage DAM system for the organization.
- Build and maintain the product shot catalog and update product shots as needed
- Build and maintain the video catalog and update videos as needed
- Archive marketing projects on appropriate storage drives/locations
- Stay abreast of digital technology and design trends in the graphic arts industry
- Assist with corporate and high level presentations and / or communication needs
- Maintain photography and video equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, Mixed Media or related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3+ years of photography and videography experience.
- A demonstrated history of working in the pet and animal industry.
- Must possess and utilize knowledge of fundamental photography and videography practices, techniques and methods
- Knowledge and understanding of video creation and editing using Final Cut Pro
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a team environment under tight deadlines while accommodating last-minute marketing needs
- Experience with web-based graphic design
- Experience in pre-press production and layout using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator on the Macintosh platform a plus